A heating system installation should be atop your to-do list this fall if you do not have a reliable source of heating in your home. The temperatures outdoors are on their way down, and you need to make sure your home is equipped with a heating system looking out for your family’s comfort. However, you also need to make sure you install the right system. If not, you could be spending a large sum of money on something that can’t even keep you comfortable and winds up giving you more headaches than warm air. Picking the wrong system for installation can lead to more than just no heat; you may also experience hardships like higher costs on energy bills or frequent breakdowns due to an improperly sized heating system. You will also be putting your safety at risk as well, due to the possibility of the system leaking out smoke or harmful gasses like carbon monoxide. All of these problems can build up over time, revealing one simple truth—think before you install.
Why Should You Call P.W. Essig?
Fortunately, P.W. Essig is here to provide heating system installation that’s done right. Warm air is absolutely essential at this time of year, and we want to make sure homeowners are kept comfortable no matter how cold the weather gets. Our team of heating technicians will be able to consult with you before any installation work is conducted and ensure you are getting the right system for your home. We also adapt our services to a wide variety of needs. If you need furnace replacement, we can make sure you get a new, improved model delivering highly-efficient, longer-lasting heating performance. If you do not currently have a heating system in your home, we can ensure one is installed immediately so you are not going through the fall and winter without any heat. Your needs are our highest priority and we’ll make sure they are met well before the cold weather takes over your home.
Factors to Consider Before Installing
Before you go ahead with the purchase, here are some general points of consideration that will commonly factor into your final decision:
- Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) Rating: The AFUE rating measures heating system efficiency. The higher the AFUE rating, the more efficient your furnace. A system with a high rating is guaranteed to save you more money on energy bills in the long-run.
- Maintenance Schedule: You need to know the amount of effort it will take to maintain a heating system and how often it will require service. This will let you know how much it will cost you on maintenance services and if there is anything you can do to ensure its best performance.
- Product Ratings & Recalls: Always be alert of any product recalls so you know what heating systems to avoid for the sake of your safety. Internet research will go a long way in keeping you in-the-know on what heating system is truly reliable.
- Heating System Size: Your home’s physical space should be put into consideration. One of our heating technicians will inspect your home to determine proper sizing. The wrong-sized system will only cause you more headaches down the road.
3 Types of Heating Systems
When you are searching on the market, you may be met with a wide variety of heating options. It may be a little difficult determining what would be right for you. Here are 3 common heating options you’ll come across in your search and what to know before you buy any of them:
- Ductless Systems: Ductless systems are also known as mini-split systems. They have a higher installation cost compared to furnaces. However, if you are currently experiencing cold spots in your home, this is the perfect heating system for you. Ductless systems specialize in zoning abilities. This makes sure warm air is going to specified rooms and energy is not being wasted on areas of the home where heat wouldn’t be as needed, giving you greater temperature control. Since they also lack ducts, they don’t risk a buildup of dust and allergens.
- Heat Pumps: Heat pumps are the most environmentally friendly type of heating system because they do not use any gasses. Though they also feature a higher installation cost, they can effectively reduce your carbon footprint. They are also usable for both the colder and warmer months. During the colder months, heat pumps will absorb heat from the ground or air and drop it into your home. They will reverse this process during the summer to act as an air conditioner. Since heat pumps only produce dry air, they also cut the need for a humidifier.
- Gas Furnaces: Furnaces today are highly efficient, especially one running on gas. They feature a smaller furnace installation cost and can save up to 30% on energy bills. In fact, according to the United States Department of Energy, gas furnaces today feature a 90% to 98.5% AFUE rating. They also operate much quieter and provide longer-lasting heating. Other furnaces may be fueled by propane, electricity, or even solar energy
Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late – Schedule A Heating System Installation Today
Contact P.W. Essig today if you want to keep warm this season with our quick, amazing heating system installation service!
Since 1938, Paul W. Essig, Inc. has been recognized as the plumbing expert in Berks County. Over the last 70 years, we’ve expanded our services to include heating, air conditioning, drain maintenance and installation, water conditioning and electrical. And we’re proud to deliver the same level of expertise and professionalism we have established in plumbing, to these other areas.
Essig has built a standard of outstanding service and our commitment to excellence begins with your call. Our highly trained technicians will determine the best solution for your situation and you can be confident that you’ll be presented with price options whenever possible. When you call Essig, you can rest assured that your emergency is our emergency. Our customers know that we’re available 24 hours a day. So whether it’s a clogged drain, leaking pipe or malfunctioning heat or air conditioning unit, we’re there for you when you need us the most.